- Trip Code NTEA1
- Max elevation 4,130 m /13546.4 ft
- Difficulty Moderate
- Trip Type Sightseeing and Trekking
- Duration 14 Days
- Accomodation Hotel and Guest House Service
- Transportation Car/Jeep/Bus as per the group size
- Trip Style Tea House service
- Group Size Min 2-max 12
- Best Season February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December
- Food Bed and breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara, 3 times during the trek.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a natural alpine amphitheater completely surrounded by snow capped mountains, Grandeurs Glaciers, all over 6000 meters. On this trek, we will camp deep in the heart of the Sanctuary, as close as we can get to the Himalayan summits.
We will witness magical sunrises and sunsets, when the mountains, glaciers, and snows glow pink and gold.Trek begins at Pokhara with a short drive to the road head and then a walk to our first day at Ulleri. Over the next few days, we will walk through idyllic villages and along ridges where spectacular panoramic views unfold to reveal magnificent mountain-escapes. We initially head west to Ghorepani and an ascent of Poon Hill (3192m) for impressive views of the mountains at sunrise. Walking through oak and rhododendron forests we enter the Modi Khola Valley, entrance to the Sanctuary, known as the ‘gate’ is guarded by the twin peaks of Machapuchare and Hiunchuli. Now we are surrounded by an array of ice-bound peaks with the enormous south face of Annapurna 1 dominating the basin. It is an easy walk to Annapurna Base Camp and there is time to enjoy the surrounding natural beauty. We retrace our steps down the Modi Khola Valley before taking a different route back to Pokhara though Villages, see the species of Flora and Fauna.