The Annapurna Sanctuary is a natural alpine amphitheatre completely surrounded by snow capped mountains, Grandeurs Glaciers, all over 6000 meters. On this trek we will camp deep in the heart of the Sanctuary, as close as we can get to the Himalayan summits.
We will witness magical sunrises and sunsets, when the mountains, glaciers and snows glow pink and gold.Trek begins at Pokhara with a short drive to the road head and then a walk to our first day at Ulleri. Over the next few days we will walk through idyllic villages and along ridges where spectacular panoramic views unfold to reveal magnificent mountain-escapes. We initially head west to Ghorepani and an ascent of Poon Hill (3192m) for impressive views of the mountains at sunrise. Walking through oak and rhododendron forests we enter the Modi Khola Valley, entrance to the Sanctuary, known as the ‘gate’ is guarded by the twin peaks of Machapuchare and Hiunchuli. Now we are surrounded by an array of ice-bound peaks with the enormous south face of Annapurna 1 dominating the basin. It is an easy walk to Annapurna Base Camp and there is time to enjoy the surrounding natural beauty. We retrace our steps down the Modi Khola Valley before taking a different route back to Pokhara though Villages, see the species of Flora and Fauna.
Day 1 : Arrival at Kathmandu
Our representative will meet you at the airport. Welcome you all and then directly transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Full day sightseeing at Kathmandu
Full day sightseeing around Kathmandu cover UNESCO world heritage sites (Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath, Swambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square)
Day 3 : Drive to Nayapul via Birethathi O/N
Early in the morning we will drive to Nayapul after 7 hours drive from Kathmandu then being walking towards Birethathi
Day 4 : We trek to Ulleri (2050 m)
After crossing the river at Birethathi we head to Trikhedhunga and climb to Ulleri after 4~5 hours walk.
Day 5 : Then trek from Ulleri to Ghorepani (2750 m)
After breakfast, we trek along the trail.The trail goes to the dense forest of Rhododendron. Walk, for 5~ 6 hours.
Day 6 : Ghorepani to Tadapani (2700 m)-
Early in the morning we will hike for 2 hours to Poonhill for magnificent views of sunrise, Himalayan range -Dhaulagiri, Annapurna range 1,2,3, fishtail , Lamjung Himal, from one point. After, breakfast we trek to Tadapani for 5~6 hours.
Day 7 : Trek from Tadapani to Chomrong (1980m) walk for 5/6 hours. O/N at lodge
Walking for 5 ~ 6 hours we reach the beautiful village, Chomrong. The steep trail leads to the dense rhododendron forest, open terraced fields, waterfalls from a suspension bridge.
Day 8 : Trek to Dovan (2700 m) 6/7 hrs. ON at Lodge
We cross the Chomrong village on a suspension bridge.We descend to Chomrong Khola and ascend to the Dovan through a bamboo forest and narrow river valley.
Day 9 : Trek to Machapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) (3700 m) 6/7 hrs. ON at Lodge
We reach deurali you can enjoy the view of the snow-capped mountain peaks. After 2~ 3 hours walk we reach to our today’s destination Machapuchhre Base Camp. There you will be amazed at a breathtaking view of Himalayan peaks from MBC. From Machapuchhre base camp, we get excellent views of the majestic Machapuchhre along with Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna which is certainly a rewarding experience
Day 10 : Early morning walking to Annapurna Base Camp(4100 m) and back to MBC after breakfast trek to Dovan(2700 m) 4/5 hrs. ON at Lodge.
Today early in the morning we will hike to Annapurna Base Camp.On this day you will enjoy the stunning sunrise and mountain views and return back to MBC.
- Day 11 : Trek to Chomrong (1980 m) 5/6 hrs. ON at Lodge. The trail leads to beautiful scenic views.
Day 12 : Trek to Tolkha (1800 m) 5/6 hrs. ON at Lodge.
Yet it is another beautiful day passing through the river, terrace fields, the mountain village of Tolkha, Gurung village.
- Day 13 : Trek to Phedi and 1 hour drive to Pokhara by Private Vehicle and rest in Hotel. ON at Hotel.
Day 14 : Full day sightseeing around Pokhara valley. ON at Hotel.
Full day sightseeing around Pokhara valley covering area Devis fall, Seti river gorge, Bindabasini temple, Mahendra and Chamero cave. If you like to do boating for an hour around Phewa lake then we can do on your own and visit Tal Barahi temple which is located in the middle of the Phewa Lake.
Day 15 : Drive back to Kathmandu. O/N at hotel.
If you wish to do paragliding then you can do on this day in the morning time and drive back to Kathmandu after 5~6 hour’s drive.
Plans & Pricing:
Lodge Trek Camping Trek
US$ 720.00 US$ 820.00
Lodge Trek Camping Trek
US$ 680.00 US$ 850.00
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle. Standard twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star standards hotel
- Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (3 nights)• Standard twin sharing accommodation in a two or three-star hotel in Pokhara; Breakfast included. (2 nights) Guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners). Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the Trekking Guesthouse in twin sharing and occasionally dormitory style
- Nepal Travels licensed English speaking guide.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Nepal Travels duffel/kit bag, sun hat, and T-shirt (yours to keep).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks
- Personal trekking Equipmen
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
Wilderness Excursion will send you the list of Annapurna Base Camp Trek Packing List specifically required for this trekking once your booking is received with us. But in the meantime consider buying some good walking boots and start wearing them in . . . now. No technical kit is required; though a good 3 season plus sleeping bag will be much appreciated at the higher altitudes. In Lower elevations lodge provide quilts and blanket and you can piled it up on your sleeping bag but as we go higher towards Annapurna Base Camp, there are limited lodges and trekkers are expected to have good sleeping bag.
People and Culture
The locals we will encounter in Annapurna Base Camp Route are mix ethnic groups; there are Brahmans and Chhetris in lower elevations and Mongoloid Himalayan people in Himalaya. Mostly there are Gurung and Magar people in the area, famous for Gurkha regiment. If you would like to explore more cultural and traditional heritages in Himalaya then Wilderness Excursion suggest you to trek to Langtang, Manaslu, and Everest region. But no doubt that Annapurna is the best for scenery as some 55000 people trek there every year.
Hotel Middle Path & Spa
As good as it sounds. Perfec
Kotee Home Hotel
Situated in the heart of Lakeside, Kotee Home Hotel is located in Pokhara. It is 100 m from Paranova Paragliding and Phewa Lake. Free Wi-Fi access is available.
Rooms here will provide you with a flat-screen TV, air conditioning and a seating area. Private bathrooms also come with a shower. Extras include cable channels.
At Kotee Home Hotel you will find a 24-hour front desk, a terrace and a bar. Other facilities offered include meeting facilities, a tour desk and luggage storage. A car rental facility is available.
This is the first time for our group to visit the Nepal, Bhutan and Kashmir region and we have enjoy it very much. It is very fortunate for us, being our first trip to select your company to arrange for us the tour, and we are very please with your service and support, and your co-ordination with the Bhutan operator. For the Indian operator, except for some minor situations, overall it is satisfactory.
I believe there will be more trips to come and will recommend to you potential future travellers there.