Day 1 : Departure Point
Hotel pick up (First Priority) or front gate of Kathmandu Guest House, Thamel (Who do not have hotel location).
Day 2 : Departure Time
Day 3 : Return Details
At your hotel or Kathmandu guest house gate, Thamel.
Plans & Pricing:
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged below 8 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- World heritage site entry fee
- Professional local tour guide
- Private transportation
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- 4-hour tour of Bhaktapur, led by an informative guide
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Explore dozens of neighborhoods in the medieval capital
- See Dattatreya Square and Nyatpole Temple Square
- Learn about the ancient kingdoms of the Kathmandu Valley
- Includes round-trip transport from Kathmandu
What to Expect
The ancient city of Bhaktapur has long been a favorite of travelers to Nepal. A Newari city rich in art, sculptures and tradition, its ancient streets and temples are like stepping back in time. The city is primarily closed to vehicle traffic, preserving a feeling of times gone by.
The day begins with a private car that goes directly to the city of Bhaktipur. This was once its own kingdom before the unification of Nepal in 1769. The Malla kings were deeply religious and the city reflects its strong Hindu culture. The Newari people are known for their artistic ability, especially in the area of stone and wood carvings.
The tour begins by passing through the ancient gates where a knowledgeable, professional guide escorts visitors to the various places of interest, providing an interesting explanation. The first part of the tour focuses on Bhaktapur’s Durbar (palace) Square. Featured on the tour is the palace of 55 windows, so named because it has 55 incredibly carved and ornate windows. There are numerous temples that surround the palace, a tribute to the strong faith of the Malla Rulers.
This is the first time for our group to visit the Nepal, Bhutan and Kashmir region and we have enjoy it very much. It is very fortunate for us, being our first trip to select your company to arrange for us the tour, and we are very please with your service and support, and your co-ordination with the Bhutan operator. For the Indian operator, except for some minor situations, overall it is satisfactory.
I believe there will be more trips to come and will recommend to you potential future travellers there.