For experienced adventure travelers with young children, a family visit to the Nepal Himalayas is now a realistic option. Aiming to provide a rewarding and educational experience for all, our specially devised holiday incorporates a short and easy trek through the scenically splendid foothills of the Annapurnas. En route we can expect to meet lots of inquisitive Nepalese children and are assured of an especially warm welcome in their ever-friendly villages. At the high point of our trek, on Panchase Hill (2509m./8230ft) there are wonderful views of the snow-capped Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks. From the lakeside town of Pokhara, we drive to the Trisuli River and enjoy 2 leisurely days of rafting. Drifting slowly downriver we arrive at Chitwan National Park, where elephant rides and jungle walks will keep everyone entertained. Mixing magical landscapes with plenty of time for sightseeing and relaxing in Kathmandu and Pokhara, this is the ultimate Himalayan family vacation.
Day 1 :
Arrive at Kathmandu & our officer Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 :
Full day guided Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley including Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Syambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square. o/n at Hotel.
Day 3 :
Fly/drive to Pokhara and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day or you can explore Pokhara's valley by yourself.
Day 4 :
After breakfast full day sightseeing tour around Pokhara Valley. Include Devid Fall, Guptashwor Mahadev Cave, Seti River Gorge then boating Phewa Lake. O/n at Hotel.
Day 5 :
A short transfer to the end of Phewa Tal (lake) and the start of the trek. Walk through farmland and villages to Bhumdi (1500m).
Day 6 :
Trek through open forest to the village of Panchase Bhanjyang (2200m) at the foot of Panchase Hill.
Day 7 :
Short walk to the summit of Panchase Hill (2550m), then descend to the Gurung village of Bhadaure.
Day 8 :
An easy walk, mostly downhill, to Naudanda. Transfer back to the group hotel in Pokhara.
Day 9 :
Drive to the Trisuli River and the village of Charaudi. Easy rafting on the river, to a riverside camp.
Day 10 :
A morning of rafting, to Simaltar. Then drive to Chitwan National Park. The evening program of activities includes an elephant safari and a cultural show. Lodge.
Day 11 :
Early morning jungle walks. Then drive back to Kathmandu. Group hotel.
Day 12 :
Free morning. Afternoon group transfer to airport. Depart Kathmandu.
Plans & Pricing:
- Kathmandu Airport transfers,
- Internal flights and associated airport transfers,
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and in Pokhara, all meals whilst in hotels (including evening meals in some of Kathmandu's finest restaurants on each of the evenings that we spend in the city),
- A guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu,
- Two days of rafting on the Trisuli River and 1 night at the Chitwan Jungle Lodge,
- Including accommodation, all meals and a program of jungle activities.
- When trekking and rafting, a full service, Including food and all equipment (excluding personal equipment) is included in the trip price.
- Travel insurance,
- Nepalese Visa,
- Tips for porters and other trek staff,
- Departure tax on leaving Kathmandu
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks, Souvenirs etc.
This is the first time for our group to visit the Nepal, Bhutan and Kashmir region and we have enjoy it very much. It is very fortunate for us, being our first trip to select your company to arrange for us the tour, and we are very please with your service and support, and your co-ordination with the Bhutan operator. For the Indian operator, except for some minor situations, overall it is satisfactory.
I believe there will be more trips to come and will recommend to you potential future travellers there.