TGovernment of nepal opened kanchanjung region to trekkers in 1988. Though, people had trekked in the area in connection with mountaineering. It is situated on the border of nepal and india, state of sikkim. to entire circuit of mountain politically is not possible. the next best altranative is to visit both base camp north pangpema (5100m.) and south yalung (4800m.) from nepal. you require being well equipped for a high pass crossing and having a minimum of four week to spare. it is not so easy to cross pass either Lapsang la or mirgin la. bad weather and snow are often to blame, but more often it is sim;lu lack of time to get starting point of kanchanjung.
Either you have to fly Suketar or drive from kathmandu to Hille Basantapur (552kms.), other option you can drive from Kathmandu to taplayjung via Ilam, but it is long journey. On the route, elsewhere, lodges are not. There is some in the manor village at the lowland that are primitive styled. You can trek either to the north or south kanchnjunga base camp but takes luck, determination and allot of time to visit both side of the peak. Both side of upper land is particularly remote. Visit of this trek is tremendously wilderness. if you are having short time, you can fly to suketar from biratnagar and fly from suketar. The lowland portion of this region is culturally intriguing, but there are few good mountain views. Once the trek reaches the high country south of kanchenjunga, the mountain scenery is some of the most spectacular in the world. The kanchenjunga region is the home of the limbus. Relatives of the rais, limbi dominate the region east of the Arun River and few live elsewhere. limbu men wear a distinctive, a Nepalese cap that is much more colorful than that worn by other Nepalese.
- Day 1 : Arrival and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : In kathmandu, some of world heritage sites in the morning pm free for personal things, check essential gear for trek.
- Day 3 : Fly to suketar, trek to gadhi 1500m
- Day 4 : Trek Gadhi to chirwa 1190m
- Day 5 : chirwa to sakathum(1640m).
- Day 6 : sakathum to amjilasa(2490m).
- Day 7 : amjilasa to kyapra(2730m).
- Day 8 : kyapra to gunsa(3430m).
- Day 9 : Gunsa acclimatization .
- Day 10 : Gunsa to khambachen(4040m).
- Day 11 : Khambachan to lhonak(4790m).
- Day 12 : lhonak to pangpema(5140m).
- Day 13 : pangpema to khambachen.
- Day 14 : khambachan to Gunsa.
- Day 15 : Trek to Mirgin La Base Camp alt 4300m
- Day 16 : Trek to Tseram alt 3900m Mirgin La Base Camp to tserma(3900m),crossing mirginla pass(4724m).It is easy walk, after the pass views are majestic.
- Day 17 : Tserma to ramche(4620m)
- Day 18 : Day trip to yalung glacier.
- Day 19 : Ramche to suketar airport.
- Day 20 : Ramche to suketar airport.
- Day 21 : Ramche to suketar airport.
- Day 22 : Ramche to suketar airport.
- Day 23 : Ramche to suketar airport.
- Day 24 : Fly to kathmandu.
- Day 25 : In Katmandu at Leisure
- Day 26 : Departure
Plans & Pricing:
Lodge Trek Camping Trek
US$ 720.00 US$ 820.00
- Hotel accommodation on BB Basis in Kathmandu, Pokhara and two men a tent during trek.
- All the ground transportation by private coach, Transfers and sight seeing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals; Nepalese, Chinese, Indian, continental meals and hot beverage tea, coffee, hot chocolate and boiled water; prepared by well trained cook.
- Trekking Staff; English speaking Sherpa Guide, cook, kitchen boys, Sherpa and essential porters including equipment , insurance(staff) ,
- All camping equipment; Two men a tent, Dinning tent, Kitchen Tent and toilet tent , sleeping bags and all the cooking utensils and cutlery.
- All the government fees permit and entrance fees to the temple, palaces and monasteries.
- Gamow Bag & Satelite Phone will be provided on request
- Airfares to and from
- Personal nature of expenses
- Beverage, insurances, rescues flight and domestic airfares.
- Equipment for clients such as warm jackets, trekking boot
This is the first time for our group to visit the Nepal, Bhutan and Kashmir region and we have enjoy it very much. It is very fortunate for us, being our first trip to select your company to arrange for us the tour, and we are very please with your service and support, and your co-ordination with the Bhutan operator. For the Indian operator, except for some minor situations, overall it is satisfactory.
I believe there will be more trips to come and will recommend to you potential future travellers there.