- Max elevation 3440m
- Difficulty Moderate/ easy
- Trip Type Trekking,
- Duration 12 days
- Accomodation Hotel/Resort/Tea house
- Transportation Flight/Private vehicle
- Trip Style Demanded
- Group Size 2-20 max in group
- Best Season October/November
- Food 3 times meal during the trek
“Mani Rimdu festivals is celebrated at Tengboche Monastery of Khumbu region, This is one of the religious function and the series of events of empowerment as well the festivals go around for nineteen days of celebration allowing three days of public festival”
Mani Rimdu is one of the special events in Khumbu Region, all the Sherpa communities of this regions gather and celebrate this festival every year. Especially Lamas (the high priest) local Sherpa communities comes to monastery pray for the god and celebrate the festivals for the welfare of the world. Mani Rimdu festivals are most important and popular festivals in the Everest Region, especially for Buddhist Religion. The Cultural dance represents Buddhist destruction of all pagan goods which is live in the Himalayas.
On this festivals monk dress up in masks to present ghosts that were exorcised and the festival lasts for 3 days attended by Sherpa people. It consists of a nine-day meditation cycle and ends with a public blessing ceremony the world-renowned Mask Dances at Tengboche Monastery.
The following are the approximate dates of Mani Rimdu events every years based on the Tibetan lunar calendar.
- Day 1 : Oct 30, Arrival at Kathmandu (1300m.)
- Day 2 : Oct 31, Fly Kathmandu to Lukla Trek to Phakding (2652m).
- Day 3 : Nov 01, Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 4 : Nov 02, Rest day in and around Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 5 : Nov 03, Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867m)
- Day 6 : Nov 04, First day of Mani Rimdu Festival (3,867m
- Day 7 : Nov 05, Second Day Mani Rimdu Festival (3,867m)
- Day 8 : Nov 06, Third Day Mani Rimdu Festival (3,867m)
- Day 9 : Nov 07, Tengboche to Namche (3,440m)
- Day 10 : Nov 08, Namche to Lukla (2,800m)
- Day 11 : Nov 09, Lukla to Kathmandu (1,300m) 1/2 days sight seeing tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Day 12 : Nov 10, Flight Home (1,300m)