- Max elevation 5,050 m /16564 ft
- Difficulty Easy
- Trip Type Sightseeing and Cultural Tour, Overland Tour
- Duration 12 Days
- Best Season March to November
Drive in and fly out tour through a circular route from Kathmandu to Lhasa in the heart of Tibet, offers you some of the most amazing landscapes on Earth creating a real Adventure trip for travellers on a limit of time and money.
The Friendship Highway is an important artery of commerce as it’s also Tibet’s most popular tourist route. Enjoy fabulous mountain scenery, visit mystical Buddhist Monasteries of Tashilungpo at Shigatse, the Kumbum Stupa at Gyantse.
Drive past the beautiful Turquoise Lake. This path gives you a glimpse of both the Tibetan and Nepali culture. We’ll pass small Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain peaks. Equally as fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest we will have plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns we pass through on our journey.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu airport
- Day 2 : Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
- Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Zhangmu and onto Nyalam
- Day 4 : Drive from Nylam to Lhatse
- Day 5 : Drive to Xigatse (3,900m) via sakya monastery