Trip Code :
- Magnificent mountain view; Mt. Machhapuchre(fishtail), Dhaulagiri, Himalchuli, Annapurna and many more from Pokhara.
- Visit Barahi Temple, Fewa Lake, Gupteswor Cave, David Fall, Seti River Gorge, Mountain Museum and others.
- Warm hospitality and unique culture of ethnic people like Thakali
- Abundant alpine flowers on the trail
- Challenging two mountain passes: French pass (5240m.) and Dhampus Pass(5240m)
- Breathtaking views of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain Range
- Rivers, ferns, and forests of oak and others deciduous trees and rhododendron forest
- Rewarding trekking trail for adventure lovers
- Extreme and tiny trekking trail through dense forests into the high country to base camp, snow and glacier walking for a week,
- Traverses the head of the hidden valley, crossing French La Pass.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit, first discovered in 1950 by a French expedition team and is one of the most adventurous trekking destinations in Nepal. It is extremely challenging as well as a tough trek that brings you to the summit of the Dhaulagiri, the world seventh highest peak (8167m) that lies in the north-west of Pokhara. This incredible Dhaulagiri Circuit trek is filled with striking lateral moraine, icy glaciers, and high snow-covered slopes along with a superb view of the majestic Dhaulagiri massif including other spectacular above 7000m mountain peaks. This amazing trek is dream fulfilling for enthusiastic out-door lovers by following massive awe-inspiring mountain passes, moving over the Thapa peak (5,200m) and French Peak (5,360m). The during Dhaulagiri Circuit trek, you will get an opportunity to pass two highest Mountains passes namely the Dhampus pass at an altitude of 5234m and the French pass at an altitude of 5360m. Beside magnificent high mountains views, you can also encounter with various flora and fauna and experience the beauty of mother nature at Dhaulagiri.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek begins from the capital city of Nepal with a scenic flight to Pokhara, the paradise city. After exploring this heavenly city, we begin our pleasing trail by following a bank of the Kali Gandaki and the Myagdi Khola, passing through dense forests and terraced hilly areas. Most of the way is covered by snow and glaciers. Encounter with the various ethnic group such as; Magars, and Gurungs and observe their traditional lifestyle and unique culture during the Dhaulagiri Circuit trek which also makes this trek worth visiting. This journey brings us also to tow Base Camps; the Dhaulagiri Base Camp, and the Italian Base Camp. The Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek is one of the most famous adventurous treks for those trekkers who can take full enjoyment in a challenging trail.
Best months to travel: Spring and Autumn (March -May, September- November)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (900m) by tourist bus.
Day 03: Drive Pokhara to Beni (830m).
Day 04: Drive Beni to Takam (1500m)
Day 05: Takam to Muri(1850m)
Day 06: Muri to Boghara(2080m)
Day 07: Bagar to Dovan (2520m)
Day 08: Dovan to Italian Base camp(3660m)
Day 09: Accomatization at Italian Base camp (3660m
Day 10: Italian Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp(4750m)
Day 11: Dhaulagiri to hidden Valley (5050m) via French col(536om)
Day 12: Hidden Valley to Yak kharka(3680m) via Dhampus Pass(5240m)
Day 13: Yak Kharka to Jomsom(2720m)
Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara and transfer to the hotel
Day 15: Pokhara sightseeing
Day 16: Drive/ flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 17: Kathmandu Rest Day and farewell diner
Day 18: Final Departure