Trip Code :
- Observe local people and their varied cultural practices.
- Panoramic views of 360-degree wide mountain range including the world’s highest peaks from Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, with other unparallel range of snow-capped peaks along with high rolling green hills.
- Stunning Koshi river.
- Visit major world heritage sites of Kathmandu such as; Royal Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Syambhunath and Boudhanath stupa.
- Witness the rare and nearly extinct the freshwater Gangetic Dolphins habitats in KoshiTappu.
- Encounter with wildlife such as; Leopards, Deer, Royal Bengal Tiger, and the Wild buffalo known as Arna with other reptiles.
- Observe rarely and endanger water birds like egrets, storks, cormorants, Ibis, kingfishers, Indian rollers to various species of ducks including Flamingo and Pelican.
- Enjoy witnessing the exotic bird life with marvellous walks, stimulating boating in a Koshi river and short jeep ride in the peaceful environment.
The KoshiTappu, wildlife reservation surrounded by trees of different varieties, chirping birds and wildlife make it one of the best destinations for birdwatching in Nepal. Situated on the plain land of the Sapta-Koshi in Saptari and Sunsari districts, KoshiTappu is a wildlife reservation, a sub-tropical area famous for bird watching in the far-southeast of Nepal. The KoshiTappu Bird watching tour is a natural paradise for the enthusiastic nature lovers. Some travellers considered KoshiTappu as a birdwatching heaven where we also get an opportunity to explore the stunning Koshi river and preserve the habitat of wild buffalo namely Arna. Exploring the KoshiTappu, wildlife reservation, discovering new fauna and flora in short, a natural paradise on earth with a modern style camping is a really amazing experience. It is one of the most famous birdwatching destinations in the world which provides peaceful harmony to every out-door enthusiast.
The KoshiTappu bird watching tour in Nepal offers us to observe the exotic bird life with marvellous jungle walks, stimulating boating in the Koshi river and a short jeep ride in the peaceful environment. Explore the wildlife park which is also known as the bird sanctuary and observe rarely and endanger water birds like egrets, storks, cormorants, Ibis, kingfishers, Indian rollers to various species of ducks including Flamingos and Pelicans also in the winter migratory season. Apart from bird species, KoshiTappu is equally renowned for wildlife such as; Leopards, Deer, Royal Bengal Tigers, various reptiles and the Wild buffalos known as Arna. It is also the perfect place where we can see the rare and nearly extinct freshwater Gangetic Dolphins in KoshiTappu.
The KoshiTappu Bird Watching tours begins with a scenic flight towards the South East low lands of Nepal at Biratnagar, which offers panoramic views of 360-degrees wide mountain ranges including the world’s highest peaks from Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, with other unparallel ranges of snow-capped peaks along with high rolling green hills is a really sweet beginning. The warmth and generosity of the people residing in this area is legendary, we also get chances to encounter with traditional villages and their varied cultural practices that surely enhances the wonders of this Birdwatching tour in Nepal. After spending a great time observing the wildlife and bird species along with exploring around at the KoshiTappu wildlife reservation, a scenic flight from Biratnagar brings you back to Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. This amazing bird watching tour concludes with a cultural and historical tour by exploring world heritage sites and with a wonderful farewell dinner at Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu - Biratnagar - Drive KoshiTappu.
Day 04: Full day nature and bird watching activities at KosiTappu.
Day 05: Full day cultural and bird watching tour with a visit of Chattara.
Day 06: Drive Koshi - Kathmandu.
Day 07: Kathmandurests day and enjoys farewell dinner.
Day 08: Final Departure.