- Trip Code : NTE-CFH33
- Trip Duration : 10 Days
- Trip Level : Demanding
- Trip Max Altitude : 1340
- Trip Start Location : Kathmandu
- Trip End Location : Kathmandu
- Trip Route : kathmandu-Pokhara-Lumbini
- Trip Best Season : March-April & August-November/December
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage site; Darbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath temple, Syambhunatha, Hanumandhoka, and so on.
- visit Ancient Hindu temple; Changu Narayan temple, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, The Nyataponla Temple, Bhairavnath Temple, Dattatreya Square and so on
- View scenic spot, sunrise and sunset and panoramic views of the Himalayans
- Chitwan National Park
- Impressive Mountains view; Manaslu, Ganesh, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, Sisa pagma, Choyu, Gauri Shankar
- Explore unique culture of Tharu
Nepal is blessed with natural beauty; extraordinary topographical land, cultural diversity, varied flora and fauna, vast wilderness, a spectacular mountain vista, historical monuments or shrines, artistic architectures, and many more. Kathmandu-Chitwan-Lumbini- Pokhara tour is one of the best tours in Nepal to explore the natural diversity, cultural harmony and geographical setting of Nepal. Our tours start with the sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley, the capital city of Nepal as well as tourist hub and exploring UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as; A holy place for both Hindu and Buddhist, Pashupatinath Temple, the monkey temple called Syambhunath, the largest Buddhanath Stupa and Royal Kathmandu Durbar Square with our professional guide. We will also explore Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. You will get chances to witness various artistic temples located inside the valley and observe gods and goddesses in the shape of pagodas and stupas that are heavily decorated with the creatively carved wood and metals. After explorations Kathmandu Valley, we will head towards Chitwan National Park to explore various flora and fauna and experience the wild wilderness and witness Tharu cultural programs. The tour goes through the highway along the beautiful Trisuli river with the beautiful scenery of the green mountain and local settlements as well as shops on the way, which will take us to the plains Terai, Chitwan National Park. You can enjoy Elephant riding and Jungle safari and witness the rare and endangers animals such as; one-horned rhinoceros, gharials and many more.
Around 4:30 hours’ drive will take us to the birthplace of Gautam Buddha, Lumbini, where you will get chances to explore the Maya Devi Temple, long Pillar, Ashoka, and very popular monasteries and stupas, which has their own significance. We will also get an opportunity to explore the Pokhara, the city of Lake, situated on the lap of the Himalayas. Pokhara is a natural paradise city, where you can enjoy with the unbelievable sunrise view from the famous viewpoint called Sarankot along with majestic Himalayas views such as; the Mt. Machhapuchre (Fishtail), Dhaulagiri, Himalchuli, Annapurna, Everest and many more. Enjoying boating in the Fewa lake with the reflection of golden glow Machhapuchre is really unimaginable. You can also discover the Mahendra cave, Davids falls and many more. We will complete our tour here and return back.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft).
- Day 2 - Kathmandu Sightseeing.
- Day 3 - Kathmandu to Nagarkot.
- Day 4 - Nagarkot to Chitwan.
- Day 5 - Chitwan Excursion.
- Day 6 - Drive, Chitwan to Lumbini.
- Day 7 - Drive, Lumbini to Pokhara.
- Day 8 - Full day Sightseeing at Pokhara
- Day 9 - Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Day 10 - Final departure Transfer to International Airport.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft).
- Arrive at Tribhuvan International airport.
- Our representative will greet you and he/she will drop you to your hotel.
- Hotel checkout and rest and relax.
- In the evening, our representative will provide you brief explanations about our tour.
- Enjoy welcome dinner with our team.
- Have morning breakfast and begin tour.
- Visit some historical and religious places in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Start our sightseeing tour within Kathmandu, observing the UNESCO World Heritage site such as; Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambhunath Temple, Hanuman Dhoka Square and Buddhanath Stupa.
Kathmandu to Nagarkot.
- Before breakfast and head toward Nagarkot, situated at the elevation of 6,800 feet above the sea level.
- Before heading towards Nagarkot, explore the ancient Bhaktapur city.
- Explore theirnative culture like Newar.
- Explore Pottery and visit Ancient Hindu temple; Changu Narayan temple, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, The Nyataponla Temple, Bhairavnath Temple, Dattatreya Square and so on.
- Visit the National Art Gallery which contains paintings and medieval belonging to Hindu and Buddhist traditions.
- Continue drive towards Nagarkot, scenic spots.
- Enjoy impressive sunset, sunrise and wonderful mountains views.
- Enjoy with the breathtaking view of the sunset, sunrise and impressive Mountains scenery like Manaslu, Ganesh, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, Sisa pagma, Choyu, Gauri Shankar and so on.
Nagarkot to Chitwan.
- Early morning breakfast.
- Drive toward Chitwan that is about 175km from Kathmandu.
- We’ll go down along the turning roads on the bank of the Trisuli River.
- Around 4 hours’ drive takes you to the beautiful city Chitwan.
- After certain rest in Chitwan, in the evening, we will visit Tharu village and enjoy typical Tharu cultural dance.
- Morning breakfast.
- Visit second biggest National Park in Nepal.
- Ascend on an elephant for jungle tour through dense grassland.
- Enjoy elephant bathing and visit stables.
- Drive through the jungle and explore the natural beauties, verities of birds and animals.
- Visit amazing Elephant health and breeding center.
- Enjoy playing with baby elephants.
Drive, Chitwan to Lumbini.
- Early morning Breakfast.
- Drive to Lumbini.
- Around 4 hours travel from Chitwan National Park takes you to the Birthplace of Buddha called Lumbini.
- Explore the spiritual sites in Nepal.
- Explore over 25 international Buddhist Monasteries, study Buddhism, meditation and visit Buddha’s birthplace itself within the scared Mayadevi Gardens.
Drive, Lumbini to Pokhara.
- Morning breakfast.
- Continue tour towards the naturally beautiful city Pokhara.
- It takes around 4 hours to travel by jeep from Lumbini to Pokhara.
- The distance between Lumbini and Pokhara is around 198 km/ 123miles.
- Witness some scenic environment and diverse villages on the way.
- Take a short rest in Pokhara, and enjoy boating on the Phewa Lake and visit the Tal Barahi Temple which is situated almost middle of the Fewa Lake.
- Explore the wonderful World Peace Pagoda (Shanti Stupa) along with Devid’s fall (famous waterfall) and the Gupteshore Mahadev cave under the waterfall.
Full day Sightseeing at Pokhara
- Morning breakfast.
- Today is the explore day.
- Make short trek to Sarankot for an amazing sunrise view and mountain views.
- On the way to back, you will also visit Bindabasini Temple.
- Stroll in the city, do shopping for souvenirs and enjoy other activities that Pokhara offers.
- If you want then you can also enjoy adventurous sport such as; paragliding, helicopter tours, bungee jumping and one of the world’s longest zip line ride.
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Morning breakfast and depart.
- Drive back to Kathmandu in Ac tourist bus.
- Enjoy farewell dinner which reflects Nepali culture and the successful celebration of our tour in Kathmandu.
Final departure Transfer to International Airport.
- Our tour comes to an end this day.
- A representative will help you to reach you towards your final destination.
- Wish you safe flight.
Breakfast/Private Transport service
- 3 nights 3 star Hotel Accommodation with Breakfast in Kathmandu.
- 2 nights 3 star hotel Accommodation with breakfast in Pokhara
- 1 nights 3 star hotel Accommodation with breakfast in Lumbini
- 2 nights 3 star hotel Accommodation in Chitwan 3 times meals
- 1 nights 3 star hotel Accommodation in Nagarkot included breakfast
- professional Liencse english language speaking tour guide for entire tour
- private transport service as per the group size Car, Jeep, Van and Bushes.
Price Does not Include
- Nepal entry visa and your personal travel insurance of any kind
- International airfare
- Drinks and main meals while on city like Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Tips and items of personal nature expenses like postage, laundry etc
Trekking equipment and clothing needed for this trek
Clothing for Kathmandu:- Informal clothing is all that is required. Remember to dress in a modest fashion. Light clothing is usually all that will be required for most of the year. During the winter months, December to February, it will be chilly in the early mornings and evenings. A warm fleece or similar jacket will be required. Do bring along a swimming costume as our hotel in Kathmandu has a swimming pool.
The price per person for the Small group Journey is fixed as stated below. There is also the option of private and tailor made journey best suited for you, your family and friends. The discount is subjected to increase with the number of people in your group. Bigger the group better the discount so group bookings are highly encouraged.
Frequently Asked Questions
All your departure is guaranteed to run?
YES, all our trips are guaranteed to run. We never cancel the trip due to not having enough participants; we can arrange the trip for one person as well as a private trip at very minimum additional cost. Please inquire about this during the time of booking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
This is a difficult thing to measure. We have seen everything from USD 20 to USD 1000 per person for guides and porters. Tipping is not required, but a small gesture of thanks to your guides and local porters. The level of the tip should reflect the level of satisfaction from and personal involvement with your guide. However, we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
Can I add extra days to my trek or trip?
Yes, there are a plenty of options and choices to extend your holiday before or after your main trip. Please inbox us [email protected] for further information.
Is Nepal Travel Expedition staff insured?
Our Company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpa and porters. Please visit our company information page.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation notice is required, minimum of 20 days prior to trip departure. If the reason is valid the Trip shall then be termed as cancelled and the cancellation charge of 30% of the trip amount would be deducted from the advance paid.
If you do not cancel your trip prior to 20 days due to whatsoever reasons, you must be aware that the trip you’ve already bought is completely non-refundable as per our terms and conditions. If you cancel the trip and need to submit a claim to your insurance company, we can help with the supporting documentation such as a receipt of advance monies paid. If your trip is cut short due to weather/illness/personal reasons, there is no refund for accommodations unused.
Is it possible to reserve a trip now pay deposit later or do I have to pay deposit at booking reservation?
The trip will be confirmed only when we receive the completed final booking form and 20% deposit payment. You can pay the rest of the balance when you arrive in Kathmandu by USD Cash, Credit cards (Master, Visa and American Express) any card payment requires 4% bank fee while doing the transaction, which is taken by bank itself.
Do we book own international flights to and from Nepal?
Yes, you need to book your own International flights. We are a local agent and it would cost you significantly higher to book through us.
What mode of transportation do you use?
Depending on the nature of the travel, the transportation to and from the destination varies from domestic flights to vehicule transportation to even horse rides on mules and yaks and porter. We provide you only those options, which enhance your local experience while allowing you to travel comfortably and efficiently. We use private tourist vehicles for sightseeing, city tours and pickups. Depending on the group size we use cars, minibus, big bushes, vans or alternatively 4WD SUVs, more traveling along the narrow and bumpy roads of Nepal. All the vehicles are usually air-conditioned unless we are traveling in cooler areas. For domestic flights that need to used some remore destination from Kathmandu-Lukla, Kathmandu-pokhara-Jomsom, Kathmandu - Tumling tar, Kathmandu - Teiplajung, Kathmandu- Nepaljung-Jupal, Kathmandu- Nepaljung- Simikot, Kathmandu- Nepaljung-Surkhet etc we use Sita Air, Tara Air and Summit Air -popular domestic airlines.
How much additional money do I need per day for the trek?
It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 20 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 20 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking. Please note, higher you go the things would be expensive especially at higher altitude; all the goods are supplied either by helicopter, horse, mules or porters therefore things are more expensive.
If I am vegetarian, is that a problem?
No problem at all because mostly, the lodges in the Everest region serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
What short of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in the trekking?
We use standard rooms at three star hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast included. Along the trekking routes, teahouses/lodges generally provide basic clean facilities with a mattress and a quilt or blanket. We can also offer you Ace the Himalaya sleeping bags if needed (to be returned after the trip) but it is a good idea to always have your own sleeping equipment. The lodges in trekking routes usually provide single and double rooms, or occasionally a dormitory. At times when possible, dining will be around a bonfire. In teahouses, food will be prepared in the kitchen, which you should not enter without permission.
What types of extra document do I need?
Please bring a copy of your travel insurance, a copy of your passport and 3 photos (passport size) with you for your trip to Nepal. You would need photos for permits.
Can I obtain visa for Nepal upon on arrival at airport?
YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
Yes, our airport representative will be there to greet you at the airport. S/he will be displaying an Nepal Travel Expedition signboard outside the airport terminal. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in our tourist vehicle
Note:- Above mention information is just the guide line and a standard template of what we provide. The trip can be customize at your request to accommodate your specific require programmed the timeframe for the trip.
Trip Note:- During the trip you might face different different problems such as weather, local politics , transport or a multitude of other factor that are beyond our control could bring change in the programmed. However every unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially atered, if alternative way is necessary, then the tour leader will take decision that the best alternative option. We try to make understand everything clear that we can to minimize its effect but we can not ensure unseen result of changes or delays.
Why this trip make different ?
Nepal Travel Expedition work closedy with One of the main supporters Charity service in Nepal. And contribute 10% of the tour cost for Ophan Childrens (sherpa Outdoor Foundation) We support then in many different ways.
Donation and Charity !
Nepal Travel Expedition donate 10% of its annual revenue to Sherpa Outdoor Foundation Orphan Children Home Which is Located Lalitpur one can visit while you are in Nepal after or before the trip. We support Childrens for Food, School, Clothes, Medicine also supporting stationary materials to Government School which is located at Lamjung district trying to build liberary for them where they could find different book to read. For this project we are trying collect donation.
Sponsorship and Partnership (volunteering programmed)
One of of the mazor activities of Sherpa outdoor Children home in Lalitpur is fully conducted and collebrate with Nepal Travel Expedition and sister concern organization Nepal wildlife safari. The Volunteering concern programmed delivered by Nepal Travel Expedition and Sherpa Outdoor Foundation aim to mobilize team of exports and interested individuals as an economic measure in providing human capital for education, health, community to share teaching skill various Government school in different part of country and community to delivered humanity skills also in our children home.