- Trip Code : NTE-EBC52
- Trip Duration : 13 Days
- Trip Level : Demanding
- Trip Max Altitude : 5600
- Trip Start Location : Kathmandu
- Trip End Location : Kathmandu
- Trip Route : Lukla-Namche-Everest Base Camp
- Trip Best Season : March -May and August -December
- Exciting mountain flight Kathmandu / Lukla.
- Namche Bazaar gate way of Mt. Everest
- Sherpa culture and lifestyle in Khumjung
- Tengboche Monastery
- Everest Base Camp and Khumbu glacier
- Climbing Kalapatthar (5545m)
- Great view of Mt, Everest, Mt Lhotse and other mountains from Kalapatthar
- Cross Cho La pass (5300 meters)
- Tranquil Gokyo Lake
- Stunning view of Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt Cho you and surrounding Khumbu Himalayan range.
- Excursion to the fifth lake
- Ngozumpa biggest glacier in the world
Everest Base Camp Trek offers a unique vacation, we experience astounding mountain views, get glimpses of the life of the world-famous climber, once you enter Everest National Park, a world heritage site, and tour high altitude Buddhist monasteries can be seen before accomplishing goal reaching the base camp of the world tallest mountain Everest. Everest Base Camp Trekking provides an opportunity to board on an epic journey that Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay set off to in 1953. Nothing beats the thrill and sense of achievement that the grips traveler on seeing the power and grace of the mighty Everest Peak close. Everest base camp trekking takes us via Sherpa Capital of Namche Bazaar where we ascend Kalapathar which is one of the finest vantage viewpoints for Mt. Everest 8848m.
The 13 days Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary is designed for the beginner who is in good health with average physical fitness. But we could customize the itinerary as per the customer desire if you wish to take up a bigger challenging stay off the beaten path Everest Base Camp via Gokyo lake and Cholas pass would be ideal. Other option for experience trekker with limited time would be Everest base camp Trek 13-14 days.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 - Fly to Lukla Trek to phakding.
- Day 3 - Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
- Day 4 - Acclimatize at Namche Bazaar (3440m).
- Day 5 - Namche Bazaar to Tangboche (3867m).
- Day 6 - Tengboche to Dingboche (4260m).
- Day 7 - Dingboche to Lobuche (4930m).
- Day 8 - Lobuche to Gorekhshep (5140m) Everest Base Camp (5360)4m) Return to Gorekhshep.
- Day 9 - Gorekh shep to Kalapatther (5545m) Trek down to Pheriche 4230m.
- Day 10 - Trek back down hill to Namche Bazaar.
- Day 11 - Trek back to Lukla from Namche Bazaar.
- Day 12 - After Breakfast Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 13 - Transfer to Airport for your onward departure.
- Day 14 -
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Our Official representative received you transfer to hotel day at leisure evening shot briefing regarding your trek and same meet your trekking guide.
Fly to Lukla Trek to phakding.
Early morning drive to Domestic Airport to take flight to Lukla this flight would be 45 minutes. Have a tea, coffee in Lukla. One hour rest at Lukla in mountain Lodge. Then your trekking starts from Lukla. The trail contour through the Sherpa village and yak pasture land. Have a lunch in Thado Koshi (2591m) with stunning view of Kum Kangaru (6370m). You will see the painted Mani wall in Ghat (chhuthawa) village. In the late afternoon you arrive to Phakding.
Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
Trekking start after breakfast at the lodge you shall cross long suspension bridge over the Dhudh Koshi River which originated from Khumbu glacier. You enter Sagarmatha National Park in Monjo village once you cross jorsale you followed the trail ahead alone the Dhudhkoshi River. You cross another suspension bridge I dobhan 2830m. From here the trail moves to steep staircase through pine forest. After half and hour steep walking you will see Mt Everest (8848m). The trail ascends until Namche Bazaar through the alpine forest. You will be delight to see Namche Bazaar. The Namche bazaar is the getaway of Everest base camp trekking. Night stay at Lodge.
Acclimatize at Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Acclimatization around Namche. Hiking options include a short, steep climb to the Everest View Hotel syangboche you can see the stunning of view Everest, Lhotse (8516m), Ama Dablam (6814m), Thamserku (8818m) or a longer day visiting to the Sherpa town of Thame.
Namche Bazaar to Tangboche (3867m).
Today you can see very close up view of Thamserku (6618m), Ama Dablam(6814m), Mount Everest (8848) and other world high mountains. On the way you may see Nepal national bird Pheasant and mountain animal called Himalayan Tahr. The trail shape through the yak pasture land until Kyangjuma (3550m). The trail from Kyangjuma goes to all the way down to the Dudh Koshi. After crossing long suspension bridge then the trail ascends through the pine trees. The magnificent view of Kangtega (6783m) right side of the trail. Two and half hour walking you will arrive to Tengboche (3860m) famous as the name of Tengboche Monastery. This monastery is open for visitor after 4.00 pm afternoon. Visiting Tengboche Monastery make exciting for your journey. At evening you will be seen exciting sunset on the top of the word.
Tengboche to Dingboche (4260m).
Form Tengboche trail move down towards Debouche (3820m).After Debouche, the trail becomes very pleasant. You will feel very comfortable. Here you have chances to see Musk deer. It is very rare wild animal. After crossing Iron Bridge on your right side you can see the great view of Ama Dablam (6814m). May be you can enjoy taking photos of yours backup with Ama Dablam. Then the trail moves gradually up to Pangboche (4410m).Have a tea and coffee and little minute relaxation at Pangboche. Trek to Shomare (4110m).Have a Lunch here. After the lunch you walk around two hour and arrive to Dingboche Village (4410m).
Dingboche to Lobuche (4930m).
Form Dingboche the trail climb up 20m above the village. From where you can see panoramic view of Khumbu Mountains including Mt. Makalu (8463m). After half & hour walk you arrive Dughla Pass (4830m). In Dughla pass you see monuments on the memory of Everest climbers who has lost their life while climbing Mt. Everest. From here trail goes gradually up to the Lobuche (4910m). Evening sunset view of the Nuptse.
Lobuche to Gorekhshep (5140m) Everest Base Camp (5360)4m) Return to Gorekhshep.
Today you might feel cold because temperature may go down -5 degree Celsius in the beginning you walk along the flat trail through yak pasture trail then you will be walking in glacier. The trail is rough and icy in some part. You arrive gorekhshep 5140m by the time temperature is 10 degree Celsius you may feel tired even though you keep continue hiking to Everest base camp 5364m. As the trail is narrow and rocky so we suggest trekkers to concentrate their mind in trail before stepping. The Everest Base camp is keep moving every year because Khumbu Glacier moving to down. In Everest base camp you cannot spend night because there are no facilities of tea houses. Only people stay there at night in camp that are climbing to Everest. Spent some time there take picture for the memory back to Gorek shep.
Gorekh shep to Kalapatther (5545m) Trek down to Pheriche 4230m.
Early morning start climbing to Kalapatther (5545m) after two 3 hrs climbing you will reached kalapatther where you get strong wind. Kalapatthar is one of the prime points for the massive view of Mount Everest (8848m). Enjoy the view of Mt. Everest and other towering mountains. After breakfast you will back to the Pheriche same route.
Trek back down hill to Namche Bazaar.
Trek back to Lukla from Namche Bazaar.
After Breakfast Fly back to Kathmandu.
Fly back to Kathmandu at the meantime you can see the beautiful views of jungle, agricultural field and mountain. Arrive Kathmandu Hotel rest for some time and sightseeing around UNESCO heritage site of Kathmandu valley.
Transfer to Airport for your onward departure.
Today is you’re the last day in Nepal. Our officer will come to meet you at your hotel to escort you to Kathmandu International Airport for your flight home.
- Airport to hotel pick and drop by private vehicle
- Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at three-star hotel with breakfast
- Accommodation in available lodge runs by local people during trek
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking
- One highly experienced English speaking license Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 people),
- Accommodation food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of both trek guide and porters
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- TIMS Card (Trekker’s Information Management System)
- All additional government tax
- Domestic flight both ways from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu with airport tax
Price Does not Include
- Nepal entry visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days from date of issue) (You may easily get Nepal visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu)
- International air fare
- Travelers insurance
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (Approx 10-12 USD)
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. Personal illness, strike etc.
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking
The price per person for the Small group Journey is fixed as stated below. There is also the option of private and tailor made journey best suited for you, your family and friends. The discount is subjected to increase with the number of people in your group. Bigger the group better the discount so group bookings are highly encouraged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why this trip make different?
Nepal Travel Expedition works closely with One of the main supporter's Charity service in Nepal. And contribute 10% of the tour cost for Orphan Childrens (sherpa Outdoor Foundation) We support them in many different ways.
Donation and Charity!
Nepal Travel Expedition donates 10% of its annual revenue to Sherpa Outdoor Foundation Orphan Children Home Which is Located in Lalitpur one can visit while you are in Nepal after or before the trip. We support Children's for Food, School, Clothes, Medicine also supporting stationery materials to Government School which is located at Lamjung district trying to build a library for them where they could find a different book to read. For this project, we are trying to collect donations.
Sponsorship and Partnership (volunteering programmed)
One of the major activities of Sherpa outdoor Children home in Lalitpur is fully conducted and collaborate with Nepal Travel Expedition and sister concern organization Nepal wildlife safari. The Volunteering concern programmed delivered by Nepal Travel Expedition and Sherpa Outdoor Foundation aims to mobilize a team of experts and interested individuals as an economic measure in providing human capital for education, health, community to share teaching skill various Government school in a different part of the country and community to delivered humanity skills also in our children home.