- Trip Code : NTE-TAHR HUNT
- Trip Duration : 15 Days
- Trip Level : Strenuous
- Trip Max Altitude : 4500m
- Trip Start Location : Kathmandu
- Trip End Location : Kathmandu
- Trip Route : Kathmandu-Dhorpatan-Kathmandu
- Trip Best Season : October-November & March-April
Three types of Tahr are categorized in the world. These are Himalayan Thar, Nilgiri Tahr & Arabian Tahr.The Himalayan Tahr has a small head, large eyes, and pointed small ears. Nepal is a real Himalayan Tahr Hunting territory in the World.
Three types of Tahr are categorized in the world. These are Himalayan Thar, Nilgiri Tahr & Arabian Tahr.The Himalayan Tahr has a small head, large eyes, and pointed small ears. Their hooves are well adapted to climbing rocks, mountains and hills and their hooves have a special adaptation that has a rubber-like core that is flexible which lets them grab onto smooth rocks and also wedge into sharp areas with the rim of their hooves. Their diets consist of shrubs, small plants, and small trees. They usually gestate for six months and have one kid at a time. The younglings stick with their mother for up to two years and can live to be 15 years of age. In Nepal Himalayan Tahr habitat from 2000 Meter to 4500 Meter. The Himalayan Tahr is the second famous hunting Species in Nepal. You can have Tahr hunt in New Zealand and England but these are not natural which was taken from Nepal. Himalayan Thar can be a variant in the world. Himalayan Tahr hunt in Nepal is one of the most challenging hunts in the world. These three words are challenging, breathtaking and unparalleled to describe about the Tahr hunting of Nepal. Hunters must be good in their physical condition. The main important thing about Tahr hunting in Nepal is the good physical condition of hunters. This species inhabits the western part of Nepal within the Dhorpatan hunting Reserve.
- Necessary government fees and License permit.
- General hunting license for 2 week
- Helicopter charter too and from both ways
- Camping services like guest tent, kithcen & dinning tent etc
- Necessary supporting gear like Professional guide, Cook,Sherpa and porters
- Fresh cooked food during the hunt western style
- Areas reservation fees
- Necessary documantation for Firearms and wepon to export and import from Nepal
- food for the staff, insurance and uniform
- Ground transport service and day UNESCO sight seeing in Kathmandu
- Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve entry permits for hunter and staff
- Trophy preparation
- Professional skinner
- Government lagend officer during the hunt
- Community fees after hunt USD 1500.00
Price Does not Include
- International Flight Ticket
- Travel Insurance incase of emmergency rescue
- Staff tipping 10% of the hunt cost
- kathmandu Hotel Accommodation with food
- Entrance fees during the city tour and guide expenses
- Trophies fees and Logistic fees would be USD 800.00
The price per person for the Small group Journey is fixed as stated below. There is also the option of private and tailor made journey best suited for you, your family and friends. The discount is subjected to increase with the number of people in your group. Bigger the group better the discount so group bookings are highly encouraged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why this trip make different ?
Nepal Travel Expedition work closedy with One of the main supporters Charity service in Nepal. And contribute 10% of the tour cost for Ophan Childrens (sherpa Outdoor Foundation) We support then in many different ways.
Donation and Charity !
Nepal Travel Expedition donate 10% of its annual revenue to Sherpa Outdoor Foundation Orphan Children Home Which is Located Lalitpur one can visit while you are in Nepal after or before the trip. We support Childrens for Food, School, Clothes, Medicine also supporting stationary materials to Government School which is located at Lamjung district trying to build liberary for them where they could find different book to read. For this project we are trying collect donation.
Sponsorship and Partnership (volunteering programmed)
One of of the mazor activities of Sherpa outdoor Children home in Lalitpur is fully conducted and collebrate with Nepal Travel Expedition and sister concern organization Nepal wildlife safari. The Volunteering concern programmed delivered by Nepal Travel Expedition and Sherpa Outdoor Foundation aim to mobilize team of exports and interested individuals as an economic measure in providing human capital for education, health, community to share teaching skill various Government school in different part of country and community to delivered humanity skills also in our children home.